Welcome to Literacy Musing Mondays February 27-March 4!
Okay, so technically this isn’t a quote. I’m sharing this definition that I found on the web because I feel the need to clarify for myself and for my readers what literacy is exactly and what kinds of posts are welcome here at Literacy Musing Mondays.
I figured if I (a co-host) wasn’t even completely sure what counted as “literacy-related” then maybe I should check into it more. (Plus a non-blogging friend of mine mentioned her confusion over it, too.)
After finding this definition and consulting with Mary, I realize that literacy is a subject that’s a lot broader than what I originally thought. Here’s what I’ve come up with to help clarify what “literacy-related” means as far as what’s acceptable content for our Literacy Musing Mondays link-up.
Obviously all of the book reviews, book lists, homeschool posts, poetry, testimonies, and faith/inspirational posts fit the bill. So keep those coming! What else counts?
- Posts that teach a skill or a lesson
- How-to posts
- Knowledge and informational posts
- Lifestyle posts
I know some of these might sound redundant, but I want to make sure I’ve covered all the bases. Truly the post possibilities are endless! I’ve come up with a few examples below:
* If you’ve hesitated to share recipes (like I have), go for it! We just might learn how to cook something we’ve never made before.
* If you love to travel and can share knowledge about the places you’ve visited, please do!
* If you live on a farm or in a different country and would like to share what your life is like, that’s great!
* If you love to redo furniture or paint pictures, please share some how-to posts!
* If you are an expert dog trainer or soap maker, please share your tips with us!
I could go on and on, but I hope you get the idea. 🙂
- Posts with photos only
- Posts that are not family friendly
- Posts that are unkind
Let me know in the comments, or just go ahead and link them up! And please feel free to ask any questions regarding literacy.
My answer: recipes!
Now let’s meet our hosts:
We are currently trying to find more hosts to help with the link-up. Please read this post for more information if you are interested in joining the #LMMLinkup team!
Last Week’s Top Clicked Post!
My Favorite Post of the Week
I absolutely loved this inspirational post about Lydia’s faith journey of pain, loss, and shattered dreams. In a 5-minute video, she shares her story of how God brought true joy and contentment in the midst of what she felt was her worst nightmare. I think you will be blessed if you take the time to watch!
Now, it is time to link up to the Literacy Musing Mondays hop!